Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Open Letter To Honda Malaysia

• Please log in to reply

leonloke

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:40 PM

leonloke

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
TO : HONDA MALAYSIA

I AM DEEPLY IMPRESS BY HONDA CLAIMING TO PRODUCE THE FIRST HYBRID CAR IN THE WORLD, AND OFFER SO MANY CHOICES FOR THEIR HYBRID RANGE. WE ALSO NOTICE THAT HONDA IS CLAIMING AROUND THE WORLD THAT THEY ARE PRODUCING CARS THAT ARE ENVIRONMENTAL FRIENDLY AND CONTRIBUTE TO THE "GREENER WORLD".

I HAVE PURCHASE A HONDA LATELY AND NOTICE THERE ARE SOME PROBLEM WITH HONDA MALAYSIA SERVICE INTERVAL & THE WARRANTY POLICY.

HONDA MALAYSIA * WARRANTY POLICY = SERVICE YOUR VEHICLE EVERY 3 MONTHS OR 5000KM (DOES MATTER WHAT ENGINE OIL GRADE YOU ARE USING), WHICH MEANS 4 TIMES A YEAR.

ENGINE OIL GRADE & SERVICE INTERVAL
-MINERAL OIL = 5000KM
-SEMI SYNTHETIC OIL = 7000KM
-FULLY SYNTHETIC OIL = 10,000KM

*HONDA USA RECOMMEND SERVICE EVERY 12,000KM (1YEAR)
*HONDA THAILAND RECOMMEND SERVICE EVERY 10,000KM (6 MONTHS)

HONDA MALAYSIA INSISTED CUSTOMER TO SERVICE THEIR CAR EVERY 3 MONTHS DESPITE SOME CUSTOMER ONLY CLOCKED LESS THAN 2000KM, THIS IS CONTRIBUTING A LOT OF WASTE OIL TO OUR ENVIRONMENT. THE ENGINE OIL ARE DESIGN TO LAST LONGER THAN THE SPECIFIED PERIOD. HOW ON EARTH HONDA IS DOING THEIR PART TO GREEN THE EARTH IN MALAYSIA. IS MALAYSIA OPERATING CONDITION MORE SEVERE THAN THAILAND? PLS EXPLAIN.

AS A CONSUMER, I STRONGLY THINK HONDA MALAYSIA SHOULD REVISED THE SERVICE INTERVAL OF HONDA CARS IN MALAYSIA AND NOT TAKING THE MALAYSIAN CONSUMER FOR A RIDE.

HOPE TO HEAR A REPLY FROM HONDA MALAYSIA!

THANK YOU.

Nokia6280

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

Nokia6280

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
QUOTE (leonloke @ Sep 27 2012, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TO : HONDA MALAYSIA

I AM DEEPLY IMPRESS BY HONDA CLAIMING TO PRODUCE THE FIRST HYBRID CAR IN THE WORLD, AND OFFER SO MANY CHOICES FOR THEIR HYBRID RANGE. WE ALSO NOTICE THAT HONDA IS CLAIMING AROUND THE WORLD THAT THEY ARE PRODUCING CARS THAT ARE ENVIRONMENTAL FRIENDLY AND CONTRIBUTE TO THE "GREENER WORLD".

I HAVE PURCHASE A HONDA LATELY AND NOTICE THERE ARE SOME PROBLEM WITH HONDA MALAYSIA SERVICE INTERVAL & THE WARRANTY POLICY.

HONDA MALAYSIA * WARRANTY POLICY = SERVICE YOUR VEHICLE EVERY 3 MONTHS OR 5000KM (DOES MATTER WHAT ENGINE OIL GRADE YOU ARE USING), WHICH MEANS 4 TIMES A YEAR.

ENGINE OIL GRADE & SERVICE INTERVAL
-MINERAL OIL = 5000KM
-SEMI SYNTHETIC OIL = 7000KM
-FULLY SYNTHETIC OIL = 10,000KM

*HONDA USA RECOMMEND SERVICE EVERY 12,000KM (1YEAR)
*HONDA THAILAND RECOMMEND SERVICE EVERY 10,000KM (6 MONTHS)

HONDA MALAYSIA INSISTED CUSTOMER TO SERVICE THEIR CAR EVERY 3 MONTHS DESPITE SOME CUSTOMER ONLY CLOCKED LESS THAN 2000KM, THIS IS CONTRIBUTING A LOT OF WASTE OIL TO OUR ENVIRONMENT. THE ENGINE OIL ARE DESIGN TO LAST LONGER THAN THE SPECIFIED PERIOD. HOW ON EARTH HONDA IS DOING THEIR PART TO GREEN THE EARTH IN MALAYSIA. IS MALAYSIA OPERATING CONDITION MORE SEVERE THAN THAILAND? PLS EXPLAIN.

AS A CONSUMER, I STRONGLY THINK HONDA MALAYSIA SHOULD REVISED THE SERVICE INTERVAL OF HONDA CARS IN MALAYSIA AND NOT TAKING THE MALAYSIAN CONSUMER FOR A RIDE.

HOPE TO HEAR A REPLY FROM HONDA MALAYSIA!

THANK YOU.

Hmm!!!! First of all i am not Honda salesman but my Ex-Car is Honda.

Also, this is only a common car forum and not honda forum and i don't Honda will do anything here but you may use the same and write to Honda. I believed you have.

I guess whatever recommended is only recommendation and nothing to shout about. I know N brand is also 5000KM or 3 months, P1 is 5K or 3M and P2 is 10K or 6M.

You may follow or ignore but the most important is the warranty period. If you think you want to wait longer i don't think Honda will say 'No' but they reserve the right to against you if they want too smile_tongue.gif

For some people who love a smooth ride they will change their engine oil (FS) and spark plug on every 5K KM interval.

Only my few cent!... smile_clown.gif

roocarroll

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

roocarroll

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 597 posts
I'm not a fan of the 5,000km service interval because of the inconvenience. I can't drive two cars to the service centre so 4 times a year I have to sit around in the Honda service centre for a couple of hours.

I'm not so concerned about the oil and the cost is the same as Volvo's 20,000km service intervals, it's just the inconvenience that bugs me.

I believe the new Civic has a 10,000km service interval.

jasondotcom

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

jasondotcom

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
5k KM service intervals are complete BS.

The following sayings by people are also complete BS.

1. Malaysia's weather is very extreme.
2. xW-20 / xW-30 engine oils are meant for "Kancil" only and are not meant for bigger engine capacity usage.
3. Need oil additive / treatment

AFAIK, Malaysia's weather is very mild. It's not all that extreme as many thought it is. Look, weathers in the USA and Australia are of the extreme type. It's as hot as Malaysia if not, hotter in some places with weather changes from winter through summer. That is what its called extreme. In Malaysia? Nah.... not even close.

Now, look at the USA. Most cars there run on xW-20 / the more common xW/30 grade engine oil. Regardless of the engine capacity. Even the "high mileage" category engine oil for older vehicles are running on xW-30 engine oils. Most service intervals are at 10k km which is the common practice. I do not know why some "experts" in Malaysia always insists on 5k KM service intervals.

Take a look at Mobil USA website. Mana ada dinosaur age technology xW-50 engine oil in use anymore? http://www.mobil.us/...obil-super.aspx

I drive a 2009 Persona with about 83k km on it already. I have been using 5w-30 / 10w-30 semi synthetic engine oil from Pennzoil / Toyota and have been following the 10k KM service interval as per the manual under normal condition against to those insisted on 5k km from service center. I changed the cam seals on 80k km and guess what? The internals are soo super clean and no "premature" wear and tear on the cam shafts compared to those using xW-40 / xW-50 used by most service centers. i have seen newer engine than mine being stripped the top cam and the internals are way dirtier than mine.

What i am saying is, our country's mechs are mostly untrained and lack of knowledge. Still stuck in the old age thinking.

goBetong

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

goBetong

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Would like to add this to Honda's grief list :-

Honda M'sia as part of warranty service also insist you do a tyre rotation at every 10k km interval.

In conjunction with this, the SC will insist you rebalance all the wheels and do a complete wheel alignment check - all to drain a mighty RM75.00 from your pocket.

I do accept the more tyre rotation, balancing & realignment you do, it may be better for the car and will ensure you of a smooth ride, but isn't doing all these repeatedly at 10k km interval an overkill?

IMHO, it is. Honda Malaysia is treating us as kids!!

goBetong

ferarri

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:02 AM

ferarri

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts
QUOTE (goBetong @ Oct 10 2012, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would like to add this to Honda's grief list :-

Honda M'sia as part of warranty service also insist you do a tyre rotation at every 10k km interval.

In conjunction with this, the SC will insist you rebalance all the wheels and do a complete wheel alignment check - all to drain a mighty RM75.00 from your pocket.

I do accept the more tyre rotation, balancing & realignment you do, it may be better for the car and will ensure you of a smooth ride, but isn't doing all these repeatedly at 10k km interval an overkill?

IMHO, it is. Honda Malaysia is treating us as kids!!

Honda revised the service schedule to 10,000km but what type of oil to use? Should I use semi or fully synth since service every 10,000km? Do I have to do the tyre rotation at every service? Do I need to change cvt oil at every 20,000km?

cskok8

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

cskok8

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 526 posts
QUOTE (ferarri @ Oct 13 2012, 05:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Honda revised the service schedule to 10,000km but what type of oil to use? Should I use semi or fully synth since service every 10,000km? Do I have to do the tyre rotation at every service? Do I need to change cvt oil at every 20,000km?

When I first bought a Toyota in 2002, the "recommended" oil change and service interval was 5000 km. But after a few years when they found that their service centers could not cope, it was "revised" to 10000 km - using the same oil? Now I call that a magical transformation.

Basically it is all about the $$$$

goBetong

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

goBetong

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

The 10,000KM service interval mentioned is only applicable to the new 2012 Honda Civic and not to other models.

There may be conditions attached to it, hopefully friends here who own the new Civic and they can clarify.

There was a synthetic oil promo during the last service of my 2011 Accord, the SA told me this :-

"If I choose to use synthetic, the service interval will be 10,000km or 3 months whichever is earlier"

So, what gives!

Yes, it's all about $$$$$
goBetong